Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fitting In

Hello friends!!  I hope you are having an amazing time on each of your individual journeys and I hope God continues to bring you peace in whatever hardship you may face.  But now let me tell you why I am really writing this.  My first few weeks of college were rough; I will not go into detail about what happened, but lets just say it was not what I imagined my first few weeks would be.  Sure, I met a ton of new people and handled not gaining the traditional "freshman 15", but in the end after walking up a huge hill and rolling down the other side in despair, I realized that it was all part of God's magnificent plan for me.  Now that those weeks are behind me, I am starting to see Warrensburg, Missouri for the town it really is.  UCM is not a "college town", we are a community.  The people here are 100% willing to help you out and the professors are phenomenal.  UCM is truly a place where the professors are committed to their students.  Also, THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE!  GET INVOLVED!  In the past 2 weeks, I have started to go to club meetings, eating with friends, and found a church home that has honestly been the best part of my year so far.  But enough about school...lets talk about something else.  And yet, I can't think of anything else.  Nor do I have pictures to upload of my favorite obsessions.  Yet, I guess based on my last post, I will personally review iOS 7.  Lets just say, I really like it, the graphics and new interface are great, but still I just do not like iTunes Radio--I MEAN COME ON YOU ARE KILLING PANDORA!  However, I want to hear from you guys if since upgrading, you have seen your battery decrease on any Apple product.  I know i have on my iPad, so its either my system upgrade or I just get on Facebook and Twitter too much.  But, definitely, iOS 7 is a lot easier to use and the ways to close out apps, ask questions to Siri, and use the search bar are a world of better since iOS 6.  Lastly, as I transition here, I want to hear feedback from YOU my READERS!  I am so happy to have readers--I never thought it would happen.  I thought I would be that girl with the lonely blog.  So as a result, I ask you to come up with my next few topics to talk about.  It just has to be appropriate.  Please, please, please, reply to my Facebook blog posts and suggest away!  And I leave you with this as I go to my last class of the day- As I sit here in the library looking out into God's great creation, I ask myself what can I do to not only change the people and places around me, but the world as well?  We all have so many dreams, whether its to join the Peace Corps or travel to China to work with special needs orphans.  Or if your #1 thing on your bucket list is to do a TED talk, GO FOR IT!  I am here to encourage all of you, so do what makes you happy and change the world, because soon enough it will all be worth it.  And if you are going through struggles and are living in the deep, dark hole of pain and depression-remember there is a way to get out of it.  I trust that God has a plan for all of you and it is going to be placed on you in a thousand different ways, it may just not be your time yet.  So keep smiling and I will be back in a few days!!  Until then, its the SEASON 10 PREMIERE OF GREY'S ANATOMY TONIGHT SO WATCH GREY'S FANS AND LAUGH, CRY, AND DO A 30 SECOND DANCE PARTY WITH ME AND A MILLION OTHERS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to you all!!
-H :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment