Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's the start of something new.

Hey Ladies and Gents!!

Sorry it's been a little since my last post, but things have been all over the place here.  Most recently, I joined an intramural soccer team and tonight was our first game.  Unfortunately, we lost 8 to 7, but still worked hard as a team!!  Also, I have exciting news about a potential project I am working on!  If you have or have not heard of Christian music artist Steven Curtis Chapman you should definitely check him out!!  He has some amazing work musically and he is really good in person!  Not only is he a Christian music artist but he also has an organization called Show Hope.  Show Hope is an organization that raises awareness and money for orphans with special needs.  They have a few other organizations under them such as the Red Bus Project.  Here is a link to their site- www.redbusproject.org. It is literally just like it sounds- it's an old converted red bus that is like a thrift store on wheels!  The clothes come through donations made, and all of the proceeds go towards orphans with special needs care.  Now you are probably wondering, well why am I telling you this?  Well, the Red Bus Project goes on tour this spring visiting colleges, and I want UCM to be one of those stops!!  I've been in contact with people from Red Bus and I am excited to get started on all the logistical stuff in order to hopefully get the bus here!!  I am hoping that God allows this to happen as I want to see students get involved in something that requires you only to shop!!  It's fun and easy and they would be helping orphans with special needs in the long run!!  Lastly, in a few weeks I will be standing on the side of an altar watching my big bro get married!!  I can't believe the day is almost here and I am beyond proud of my 2nd amigo!!  I also can't wait for all 3 amigos back together as I miss my bigs so bad!!  We've been apart too long and the days just aren't the same without all three of us under one roof!!  Anyways, I hope that you too become inspired to start something too, because you don't have to be in an organization to start something, you just have to believe that you can and you will.

Love you readers!! Night!!
-H ✌️πŸ’œπŸ˜ƒ 🐘

No comments:

Post a Comment