Thursday, October 31, 2013

Weddings, Winning, and Losing.

Hello out there to all my alien readers!  HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!  Sorry its been 3 weeks since my last update but so much has gone on that its been hard not to fall asleep before I have the realization that I need to update my blog.  So first off, the first part of my post title- weddings!  As I spoke of in my last post, almost two weeks ago I saw my big brother get married in a gorgeous outdoor setting!  Yes, we froze our legs off at the rehearsal dinner the night before where I am pretty sure it was freezing rain...but then the wedding turned out to be a beautiful day and it was so great to see all of my family and gain a new SISTER!  So yes, technically that also categorizes under the second part of my post title, winning, but it was actually meant to be for something else.  Over the last few weeks I have seen my home boys- the St. Louis Cardinals win postseason game after postseason game, the atmosphere in STL is amazing to see so many fans in red and even students here at college rooting for their favorite team (although here in Warrensburg it is half and half-- St. Louis Cardinals or Kansas City Royals).  However, if you find yourself bonded at the hip with a social media site such as Facebook or Twitter...or Instagram you will know that last night, unfortunately the Boston Red Sox gained their 3rd World Series title (oh wait...that's right the Cardinals have 11 TITLES).  However, the numbers do not matter and honestly, every pitcher, catcher, outfielder, infielder, or hitter played great--on both sides.  STL had some injured players come back and it was great to see Lynn and Craig out there on the field again along with another Golden Glove for Yadi and player of the year--Michael Wacha.  So all in all that was the losing part of my post, but they are still #1 to all of us here in STL and personally, I thought it was great to beat the Dodgers before the series---I mean why wouldn't we?  Mark McGuire trained half of our guys from the ground up, so thanks for the "winning" help.  Now that I am done with my rant I conclude this part with saying that I am so happy for my brother and I hope he has a long, healthy, amazing marriage and to the St. Louis Cardinals, no matter if we win or lose, you'll always have the greatest fans in baseball.  Now lets go get em next year!!  (By the way...its only 104 days till pitchers and catchers report to Jupiter, FL for Spring Training...time to rest up and come back with a more legendary roster).  In other thoughts, I have been busy here with school and giving time to Jesus and I can't wait to go home for Thanksgiving and sleep in my own bed for a week!  Okay, its time to go to class, I hope you all have one fantastic Halloween and give out good candy...for your houses are the ones we always remember to go back to time and time again.  But I just thought of a good idea for December--each day starting December 1st I will be sharing one of my favorite things!!  It may be a picture, a product, or something in season--but whatever it is it will be great!  And I will leave you with this---  "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:34 (NIV).

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FRIENDLIES...HAVE A GHOULISH AND SCARY NIGHT---and remember...do not give candy to kids unless they say Trick or Treat---and whether you are a parent or kid--SAY THANK YOU!

Lovely day to all, you'll hear from me again soon!
Hope :) :p

No comments:

Post a Comment